Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dark Souls 2 Collector Edition - Rushed News



Rushed News - New Format, Dark Souls 2 Collector Edition, and Valve reveals the Linux-based SteamOS. 



New Format:

Being that I enjoy to give my opinions on the news as it arrives, I have discovered that if I express my opinions entirely in video form... It makes a really long video. So, in an effort to bring to concise opinionated news in a 3-4 min video, I have decided to launch a blog that will further allow me to, in more detail, express my opinions. 

All that being said, I want to remember that this is not just a news blog. I do and fully intend to continue giving my opinions of the news, in a way that I believe would be fair to all parties involved. Just please remember, I'm doing this to have fun so try to have fun with me!

Dark Souls 2 Collector Edition

In an article released by Joystiq on Sept. 22nd, per-orders on Amazon for the Dark Souls II (Collector's Edition) - PlayStation 3 Collector's Edition Edition, have gone live. Now, I have expressed many times before just how enthusiastic I am about Dark Souls 2, but at $119.99 is all that Dark Souls 2 glory worth the cash...? Umm, Yeah!


Included in the Package is a 12" Warrior Knight figurine, wielding two very-tidy swords, a Hardbound art-book of images from the development process, a full-color microfiber map (not sure how practical it is) displaying the game world, and the Black Armor steel case housing both the game disc and its original soundtrack.

However, if the price tag scares you away, fret not my children for I bring you the pre-order for Dark Souls II (Black Armor Edition) - PlayStation 3 Black Armor Edition Edition, at a very smooth $59.99!


Though not quite as fancy this Black Armor Edition includes the collectible metal case that houses both the game disc and the original soundtrack! Its kind of a two-for-one thing!


Valve Reveals SteamOS

In an article released by Gamespot on Sept. 23rd, Valve, a studio responsible for the beloved Half-life and Portal games and the Steam service have announced a new Linux-based operating system they call SteamOS. It was made in light of Microsoft's growing complacency of gamers and the updates that Windows needs to its DirectX files. SteamOS is the first operating system to be entirely focused on utilizing the computer for gaming.



I shouldn't really have to say much here, as I am primarily a PC gamer, but this is flippin' awesome! I have been waiting for something like this for years and, I have to say, I couldn't imagine a better studio than Valve making something like this. With their focus on gamers since the beginning, Valve is prove time and time again that it wants to help change the medium of gaming for the better. I, for one, am a believer! 

Dont forget to Like my Facebook page, Subscribe to my Youtube channel, and Follow me @ rgnewsandreview

No comments:

Post a Comment